Corsha Announces Advisory Board of Top Leaders in Technology and Cybersecurity to Guide Strategy and Accelerate Growth
Executives from Venafi, GitLab, and Gigamon join Corsha to enhance and accelerate the company’s leadership in securing machine-to-machine communication
WASHINGTON, DC – September 09, 2023 – Corsha Inc., a Washington D.C. -based cybersecurity company that provides a first-of-its-kind way to enforce automated Multi-Factor authentication (MFA) for machines, announced today the formation of its new Advisory Board, which is composed of leaders from some of the most recognized cybersecurity companies in the world - Venafi, Gitlab, and Gigamon. The newly established Advisory Board will offer its leadership and expertise as Corsha embarks on market expansion and shapes its future business direction in 2023 and beyond.
Members of the Advisory Board represent a multitude of business and cybersecurity industry experience. Advisory Board members include:
- Kevin Bocek, Vice President, Ecosystem & Community at Venafi
- Kevin is a seasoned cybersecurity expert with over 25 years of experience at renowned organizations including RSA Security, Thales, PGP Corporation, IronKey, CipherCloud, nCipher, and Xcert, is driving the development of a technology ecosystem and developer community at Venafi. Kevin is also responsible for overseeing the Machine Identity Management Development Fund, which has sponsored innovative projects involving more than 50 developers worldwide. A prolific author and a frequently sought-after commentator by major media outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, CNN, BBC, Reuters, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Handelsblatt, as well as leading security publications including SC Magazine, Dark Reading, and Heise, Kevin holds a B.S. in chemistry from the College of William and Mary and an MBA from Wake Forest University. He is an esteemed member of The Forbes Technology Council.
- Joel Krooswyk, Federal CTO at GitLab Inc
- Joel combines government policy with a wealth of experience in technology, software development, and cybersecurity. With 25 years of hands-on software industry expertise, he possesses an in-depth understanding of the entire software development life cycle. His leadership extends across the US Public Sector, as well as small businesses, mid-market enterprises, and global corporations. In prior roles, Joel spearheaded agile and digital transformations within Fortune 100 companies and authored over half a million lines of unique code throughout his career. He earned his B.S.E.E. from Purdue University and holds numerous industry certifications.
- Dennis Reilly, Vice President, Public Sector at Gigamon
- Dennis has over 30 years of technology and business expertise, and has served as Vice President at Gigamon for over 11 years. Under his leadership, the Public Sector group achieved remarkable success, achieving 30% compounded annual growth and capturing a leading market share in the deep observability market. Mr. Reilly is a dedicated advocate for applying information technology to enhance security, productivity, and innovation in Federal, State, and local governments, as well as educational institutions. Before joining Gigamon, Dennis held influential sales leadership roles at distinguished companies including Oracle, Netscape, BEA Systems, and Plumtree Software. Additionally, Mr. Reilly served as a U.S. Navy officer and holds a Bachelor's degree from the United States Naval Academy, along with a Master's degree in business from Boston University.
"To provide the best product and technology for our customers and partners, it's crucial for us to deeply understand industry demands and market drivers," said Anusha Iyer, CEO & Founder of Corsha. "Corsha is already the only cybersecurity platform offering multi-factor authentication for Machine to Machine connections. Establishing our Advisory Board with world-class leaders in the cybersecurity arena will help us continue to advance innovation for our clients and allow us to consistently deliver leading edge Machine Identity and Access Management solutions."
In today's digital landscape, vulnerable APIs have become the preferred attack vector for hackers, posing significant risks and costs to enterprises across various sectors, including national security, manufacturing, healthcare, and financial services. With the average cost of a data breach in the US now at $9.4 million and the majority of traffic moving across our networks and the cloud being API-driven not UI-driven, securing machine-to-machine communication is critical. Corsha is pleased to introduce its Advisory Board members, who will contribute their category and industry insights as we innovate to enhance application security for our clients. Each Advisory Board member brings unique expertise and backgrounds to the team, playing a vital role in guiding Corsha's growth and strategic objectives.
Corsha is a D.C.-based cybersecurity startup that has come up with a novel way to secure machine-to-machine communication, whether that “machine” is a workload running in the cloud or a piece of industrial IoT equipment on a shop floor. Many companies today leverage static secrets such as keys, tokens, and certificates in order to secure communication between machines, but these secrets are getting leaked at an alarming rate and high-profile enterprises across the public and commercial sectors continue to suffer data breaches due to vulnerabilities surrounding these insecure non-person connections. Corsha has developed a Zero Trust security platform that sits at the intersection of machine identity, Zero Trust and API Identity. They are focused on elevating machine identity, enforcing strong authentication and access for systems and services, and securing critical service-to-service traffic such as:
- Hybrid OT to IT communication
- Secure movement of data across networks
- Automated software supply chains
- Automated security operations centers (SOCs)
- Cloud-native communication within/across Kubernetes clusters
Corsha’s patented technology builds dynamic identities for trusted machines and brings MFA to the world of APIs for greater security, visibility, and control of our application ecosystems. Corsha's Zero Trust Security Platform is fully automated, cloud-native, highly scalable, and platform agnostic.